Finally I got some issues ironed out and most games work fine. The port accepts prg uploads for expanded vics and rom cartridges with the auto start sequence. The often as .a0 seen roms needs to be renamed to .prg and the program type in the osd needs to be set to rom.
The vic20 has a 16kb ram expansion in block1 and block2.
Due to the different memory layouts between an unexpanded and an expanded vic currently only games for expanded vics will work. There’re still some glitches on some games but in general it works pretty well. Below some impressions of the core:
7 thoughts on “vic20 for the MiST released (part 5)”
Thanks for this early christmas present. Is it possible to build different versions like one for unexpanded and other for the 3K / 8K+ expanded vc-20 ?
I didn’t tested 3k but an unexpanded version should be possible. But having then both in the same core wouldn’t be much more effort. Let’s see if I get around to add that 🙂
It might be more trivial than I initial thought. It could be that at least for the unexpanded vic I just need to disable the other blocks and adjust the uploading to the new memory layout.
Good job, but I see the same bug in BASIC like the core on c-one…
That’s possible as it’s probably based on the same Vic source from MikeJ. I don’t think that I can fix it but you could tell me how to reproduce it.
Great! I think its time to introduce a new osd option to allow for a second type of upload. I’ll add something to the firmware asap …
Yeah that would be nice but take your time 🙂